Education and professional experience
- Study of Pharmacy at the University of Greifswald,
- PhD at the Institute for Diabetes “Gerhardt Katsch” in Karlsburg, University of Greifswald, Department of Immunochemistry (Director: Dr. M. Ziegler)
- Visiting scientist in the lab of Dr. Steinunn Baekkeskov, Department of Microbiology/Immunology, Hormone Research Institute, UCSF, San Francisco, USA
- Post-doc at the Institute pour la Genetique et Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire (IGBMC) Strasbourg, France, Department of Immunology (Directors: Profs Diane Mathis and Christophe Benoist)
- Group leader at the Institute for Virology and Immunobiology at the University of Würzburg (Director: Prof. Thomas Hünig)
- Since 2004 Group leader at the Institute for Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis Research, University Medical Center Göttingen
Institute for Diabetes “Gerhhardt Katsch” in Karlsburg (Dr. M. Zieggler): Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody as predicative marker for a type 1 diabetes risk – development of proof methods for antibodies against glutamic acid decarboxylase and bovine serum albumin and their clinical evaluation.
Habilitation for Immunobiology at the University of Würzburg: Regulation of T cell responses to endogenous and tumor antigens via antigen presentation and co-stimulation.